DO YOU WANT TO BE A VOLUNTEER?
Althoff Catholic is always looking for outstanding volunteers. If you are interested in being a volunteer, see the links below. If you have never taken the Initial Child protection training with the Diocese before, please follow the instructions for the Initial Training PC21 Online Training. If you have taken the Initial Training in the past, please take the Online Refresher Training. Keep in mind that all Child Protection training must be completed and all paperwork must be turned in to the Business Manager before you can volunteer.
- Volunteer Application - requires 3 references
- CANTS Form
- Instructions for Initial PC21 Online Training
- Background Screening - Fingerprinting
- 2022-23 Instructions for Refresher Training
- Background Verification Form
- Mandated Reporter Status Form
- Sexual Harassment Training - required for all employees & volunteers
If you have any questions, please contact the Business Manager at 618-235-1100 ext. 105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents & Friends Club
Althoff Catholic Parents and Friends are a group of fun and generous people dedicated to supporting our great school. You are invited to join us!
Our purpose is:
- to foster communication and a cooperative spirit among faculty, parents, and students
- to support and assist the school in social, educational, and spiritual activities, and
- to conduct fundraising activities for the benefit of the school.
Come to a Meeting!
We meet on the second Thursday of each month. Some meetings will be in Heritage Hall while others will be on Zoom. We work hard to have the business part of the meeting in one hour or less! However, you are welcome to stick around and socialize with us.
- Check our school calendar for meeting times: https://www.althoffcatholic.org/calendar.cfm
The gatherings are not only fun and informative but also provide a great opportunity for you to get to know other parents and become active in one of our committees. Dr. Gass attends meetings to report on what’s happening at school and to answer any questions you may have. If your kiddo doesn’t tell you much, this is your opportunity to find out what’s going on!
How We Help
This organization sponsors the following events and services for the benefit of the school and its students:
- Open House / Preview Days - Refreshments for the Open House for prospective students & their families.
- Beautify Althoff - Grounds clean-up/spruce-up in fall and spring; clean up and renovate spaces as needed. Volunteers will be weeding all the landscaping and designated areas, picking up trash, and doing other fall and spring chores.
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week - We plan meals, thank you gifts, and other events during Catholic Schools Week to show our teachers and staff how much we love them.
- After-Prom Party: Traditionally, senior parents organize and host this fun-filled event at Belleville Sportsplex.
- Senior/Parent Breakfast: Junior class parents plan this special breakfast for the seniors and their parents.
- NEW! Decorations Committee: Help decorate the campus for Christmas and other occasions. Enlist student help.
- Candy Store: Parents and friends work in the candy store available to students during lunch periods. All volunteers must have their child protection training with the Diocese up to date.
- Teacher’s Wish List Program: This is a new program. Each spring, teachers or staff submit things they would like for their classrooms or curriculums. We solicit donations to fulfill as many wishes as we can. Want to help or donate? Email email@example.com.
- Parents’ Buzz Book: To help parents connect with one another, PAFC publishes a directory of all Althoff parents who wish to be included.
- Celebrating New Traditions / Spirit Committee: We are looking for creative ideas to start new Althoff Catholic traditions…whether that’s for parents or students.
- FAQ Document for Parents: We are working on a FAQ for new Althoff Catholic parents. There’s so much to learn as a new parent and we want to help.
- Assist with Gala: Each Spring, Althoff Catholic hosts a Gala fundraiser and online auction. We help on the planning committee.
We are always open to new ideas. If you have a good idea or activity you would like to see at Althoff, we want to hear about it! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each year, PAFC awards scholarships to incoming freshmen. The number and amount vary by funds.
New Family Mentor Program
PAFC helps the Advancement Office by marketing this program and serving as mentors for new Althoff Catholic families.
How We Raise Money
- Football Concessions - We need workers for all home games. Sign up for a shift!
- Music Trivia Night
- Solicit parents, friends, and community for donations per activity
- Shop smile.amazon.com - Choose Althoff Catholic as your charity of choice. Amazon donates a portion of your purchase back to Althoff, specifically Parents and Friends Club.
Contact us at email@example.com to find out how you can help!
Join the conversation and stay in the know on our private Facebook group – Althoff Catholic Parents and Friends Club.
2022-2023 Parents & Friends Association Officers:
- President: Jamie Foeller
- Vice-President: Jaime Schott
- Secretary: Stacey Hesse
- Treasurer: Etta Madura