USING TECHNOLOGY TO SUCCEED
We are always improving our classrooms and facilities to better support and serve our faculty and students. Faculty members are equipped with personal computers and iPads to support their teaching. Classrooms are also equipped with smart boards and other technology needed to support the unique needs of each course. We are continually making technology updates to support our curriculum and help our students to succeed.
Which iPad should I purchase?
We strongly recommend purchasing the 128GB iPad WiFi only model. The minimum requirements are a 32GB iPad WiFi only model. The iPad Mini does not meet federal guidelines for screen size in education. The iPad must be able to support iOS 11 or newer. We also recommend the purchase of a sturdy case, as well as an insurance or warranty plan in case of damage. Accessories are optional, but many of our students use a keyboard.
Caring for your iPad
The following list of best practices is provided to help you protect and maintain your iPad:
- To prevent the risk of theft, never leave your iPad unsupervised, and keep it in a bag, backpack or in a locked locker, if playing sports or engaged in an activity where the iPad is not needed.
- Carry your iPad in a sturdy bag or backpack when moving between classes and to and from school to minimize the risk of dropping your iPad.
- Periodically, close apps that are running in the background on your iPad to improve performance. Also, turn off your iPad for a few seconds, at least weekly, to clear the memory.
- Regularly log into your iCloud account to backup your iPad.
- Please remember, when you are in your classrooms, the iPad is for school use only.
- If your Apple ID has become locked or disabled, please go to iforgot.apple.com on any web browser to reset your password. If you are unable to reset your password via the Apple iForgot website, please see a technician after school.
- Remember that water and electronics don't mix! Protect your iPad from exposure to moisture at all times.