HOW TO DONATE PUBLICALY-TRADED STOCK
Did you know?
Using publicly-traded stock to make a gift to Althoff Catholic High School can be a very tax-savvy method of giving, especially if the stock has appreciated in value since you acquired it. Donating appreciated stock saves you tax dollars in two important ways:
1. You actually receive an income-tax deduction for the current value of the stock.
2. You do not pay tax on the capital gains of the stock.
Follow these steps to donate publicly-traded stocks:
1. Request that your broker transfer the stock into the brokerage account for Althoff Catholic High School.
2. Sign the required documentation from your broker authorizing the transfer.
3. Give your broker the following information for Althoff Catholic High School’s brokerage account:
Raymond James & Associates, Inc.
Broker: Kim Rawlings
23 Public Square, Suite 450
Belleville, IL 62220-1600
Direct Line: 618-641-2174
Account Number: 27167633
DTC Number: 0725
Account Name: Althoff Catholic High School
Federal Tax ID Number: 37-0857760
Raymond James & Associates will notify Althoff Catholic High School once they receive the transfer request, but you can also notify us directly via email at email@example.com.