Working at Althoff Catholic is a rewarding experience. We hope that you take a look at our openings and find something that calls to you. As an employee, you may be eligible for the following benefits (based on benefits eligibility):
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Core Life Insurance
- Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Reimbursement Plans
- Supplemental Life Insurance for Employees and Qualified Dependents
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Aflac Pre-tax and Post-Tax Supplemental Coverage
- 430(b) and 403(b) Roth Retirement Plans with Employer Contributions
- Free tuition for dependents
We invite you to explore our current openings. Check our page periodically as openings change frequently.
Althoff Catholic High School, in Belleville, Illinois is seeking to fill the position of high school Principal. Althoff Catholic High School is a coed high school that provides a challenging and excellent academic experience in a faith-filled environment. The principal is responsible for the overall operation and management of the school with a specific focus on spiritual and curriculum development. The principal must be a visionary leader who can support our students, families, staff, and larger school community by collaborating for the greater good of the Catholic church; create an environment that promotes the Catholic faith and moral teachings; develop strategic initiatives to promote growth; manage the financial assets of the school; and cultivate the spiritual and professional growth of faculty and staff through strong management skills.
Applicants should hold a master’s degree in education with an Illinois Administrative License; experience in secondary school teaching and/or administration is preferred; management and budgetary experience; and familiarity with Catholic education. He or she is required to be a faithful, committed Catholic who understands and accepts the teachings and disciplines of the Catholic Church.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to
Diocese of Belleville, Office of Education,
222 South Third Street, Belleville, Illinois 62220 or email email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Althoff Catholic is seeking a dependable individual interested in a full-time custodial position. This position is responsible for general care and cleaning of the school. Custodians will work consistently to provide a clean, hazard-free, and safe environment for staff and students.
Interested applicants should stop by the main office to obtain an employment application.
Full-Time Maintenance Position
Althoff Catholic is looking for a reliable, skilled maintenance worker to perform essential upkeep tasks throughout our School. In this position, you will be responsible for various activities such as maintenance and repairs to ensure that our facilities are both tidy and functional. Being reliable and self-motivated with an eye for detail is essential in this job, as the ideal candidate will have significant work experience and solid technical knowledge. You should have the manual dexterity and physical stamina necessary for this work.
Maintenance Worker Duties and Responsibilities:
● Perform minor fixes, such as repairing broken locks, damage to walls, etc.
● Install necessary appliances and equipment as needed
● Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
● Complete regular maintenance tasks, such as replacing light bulbs, and ceiling tiles and painting
● Inspect and troubleshoot various equipment and systems
● Test the functionality of the facility's safety systems
● Collaborate with a team of workers and other professionals during renovations and facility expansions
● Report to facilities or maintenance manager regarding issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress
Maintenance Worker Requirements and Qualifications:
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Proven experience as a maintenance worker or other similar position, preferably in a school setting
● Basic working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
● Experience working with tools, including hand and electrical tools
● Ability to read and utilize technical manuals and drawings
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● General passion for creative problem-solving
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be picked up in the main office at 5401 West Main St., Belleville, IL 62226